SOLD: converted van ready for van life!
It comes fully kitted out with everything you need for life on the road. Yep, you could leave tomorrow!
We have been travelling around the US in a converted 1997 Ford Econoline E150 for the last six months. Our travels have come to an end and we are returning home to Australia and sadly need to sell our home on wheels before we leave.
We converted the van in May 2017, removing all the back seats and building in a double bed with plenty of storage underneath, a desk/shelf unit, an electric cooler and even a hidden safe which will fit two 15-inch Macbook pros and two iPads simultaneously. We also added a leisure battery and an inverter which we have used to charge laptops, iPads and run the cooler.
The van is a 1997 Ford Econoline 150 Club Wagon with a 4.6 Liter V8 engine. It runs great. We had the brakes and tires replaced and a new alternator, second/leisure battery and inverter (to charge our devices and run the electric cooler) installed prior to starting the trip.
The odometer stopped working in October near Seattle with 178,783 miles on it (all other gauges still working properly). We estimate it has about 185,000 miles on it based on the fuel usage that we tracked. There are a few minor things that we lived with but could be fixed: loose ground in the stereo can cause it to go silent sometimes, the power locks work most of the time but sometimes you need to use the key, and the check engine light is on but does not affect performance (we’ve had it checked).
- Built in bed with 8-inch thick Zinus memory foam mattress
- 6 Sterilite storage containers & 8 wire storage trays which all slide under the bed (which we used to store our clothes, food, kitchen utensils, camp and sports gear)
- Eight additional grey storage tubs that fit in the desk/ shelf unit
- Built-in electric cooler
- A built-in, hidden safe
- Trailer hitch and towing package
- Camp Chef camp stove
- 2 x folding chairs
- Aluminum Roll-Up Table
- Eumax 10×10 Pop up shelter
- Christmas lights for pop up shelter and 4 x hanging lights (we used 2 in the pop-up the pop up shelter and 2 in the van)
- 2 x USB fans to cool you at night
- First Aid Kit
- HP printer
- Bath towels, sheets, a winter comfoter, a summer comforter and dish towels
- Various hardware, camping and car accessories
Kitchen Utensils include:
- Ceramic Calphalon Frypan with lid
- Ceramic Calphalon Saucepan with lid
- Dishwashing container & collapsible drain board
- French Press Coffee Plunger
- 13 Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Vegetable Cooker for Grill
- 4 x bowls
- 4 x dinner plates
- 4 x side plates
- 2 x large serving bowls
- Coleman 4 person cutlery set
- 1 large and 2 small kitchen knives
- Silicone mixing spoon
- Silicone flipper
- Silicone whisk
- 4 x cutting mats
- 4 plastic cups
- Silicone trivet & two silicone over mitts
- Collapsible 5-gallon water container
Everything was purchased new in May 2017 and in good used condition.
How much is van life?
The van has been sold.